1 cup margarine
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups 1-minute Quaker Oats
2 teaspoons very hot water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups marshmallow creme (1 7-ounce jar)
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugars, molasses,
vanilla and eggs.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda and
4. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Mix in the
5. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake
for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are just starting to darken
around the edges. They will still appear moist in the center. Be
careful not to overcook -- when cooled, the cookies should be soft
6. While the cookies bake, prepare the filling. Use a small bowl to
dissolve the salt in 2 teaspoons of very hot water. Set this
solution aside to cool.
7. Combine the marshmallow creme, shortening, powdered sugar, and
vanilla in a medium bowl and mix well with an electric mixer on high
speed until fluffy. Add the cooled salt solution to the filling
mixture and combine with the mixer.
8. Assemble each creme pie by spreading the filling over one side of
a cookie (the flat side) and press another cookie on top, making a
sandwich. Repeat for the remaining cookies and filling.
ęCopyright 2003 -
2008 GingerbreadNook.com, a
property of Moms Network. No content can be used without written permission.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org Moms
Network P.O. Box 238 Rosemount, MN 55068 651-423-4036 (fax) 651-322-1702